TOURISM / ONLINE MARKETING
The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has begun a new online campaign that includes more targeted e-marketing, as well as a plan to improve the accuracy of information about the country on Wikipedia, the popular online encyclopaedia.
The project is expected to help travel suppliers increase their revenue and also create a better reputation for Thai tourism among travellers worldwide, according to Thapanee Kiatphaibool, assistant director of marketing information technology for the state agency.
The campaign includes five projects that aim to increase visitors to Thailand and create a better impression through different online marketing approaches to target groups:
- Thailand Amazing Deals will promote travel products via the new site http://
amazingthailand.TourismThailand.org and e-mail campaigns targeting an estimated 1.1 million global travellers, travel trade businesses, media representatives and bloggers.
- Her Own Way will promote travel products including golf, shopping, beauty and spa services via http://HerOwnWay.
TourismThailand.org, with e-mail acquisition campaigns and e-brochures targeting female travellers from Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore and the Middle East.
- Thailand Portfolio will distribute content including photos, videos and travel articles through the world's top user-generated media websites such as flickr.com, youtube.com, and igougo.com.
- The Amazing Shot ... Amazing Experience Contest will encourage domestic and international travellers to post stories of their travel experiences in Thailand through video clips in order to win prizes.
- The Wiki Mission for Thailand will attempt to involve travellers in improving and editing all of the information about Thailand on Wikipedia.org and Wikitravel.org.The TAT also aims to help members of the local travel and tourism industry by allowing them to post details of their travel products, deals and related information online. More details are available at the TAT's main online portal, http://www.tourismthailand.org